THE LYCEUM INSTITUTE
Expert online tutoring, test prep, admissions consulting, and essay editing for students in grades 4-12 who want to maximize their success in and out of the classroom. Our online tutors provide expert SAT, ACT, SSAT, LSAT, and PSAT test prep for students across the nation. Through Lyceum, students develop character, increase cultural awareness, and get into the best schools.
Lyceum tutors aren’t only experts in their fields, they’re experts in delivering one-on-one instruction to students in the way they need to receive it. We tutor all core classes and consequential standardized tests. We achieve more by focusing on each student’s strengths, learning style, character, and motivation.
Complete Admissions Package
Lyceum is a team of consultants who offer insider wisdom specific to all aspects of the admissions process. We have perfected the process of ensuring that students’ application materials present the best and most authentic versions of who they are and how much value they’ll add to their next school.
Tangible Results Without Leaving Home
Families have busy schedules. Feel good about your time by driving less and accomplishing more with our completely online tutoring services. Regardless of where they live or what time zone they’re in, our students graduate Lyceum confident in their abilities and proud of their grades and scores. Our methods yield the results you want. All this, and you don’t even need to leave home.
More Than Numbers
Our SAT, ACT, SSAT, LSAT, and PSAT test prep students earn Ivy League scores, our admissions students attend one of their top 3 schools, and our online tutoring students see grade improvements in 90 days — but that’s not the bigger picture. By engaging students with the process of learning, we teach them concepts, strategies, and skills that they don’t learn in school.
Who We Are
We build on students’ educations as well as fill in the gaps. We teach students how to succeed with SAT, ACT, SSAT, LSAT, and PSAT test prep. We prepare students for lifelong success where schools alone cannot. We cultivate students for success on and beyond grades and tests and position them to get the most out of their school years.
We Specialize in Working with
- Families preparing to apply to American colleges or private and independent high schools.
- Chinese- and Indian-American parents who need outside support to best guide their children’s education in American schools.
- Students with high stakes test prep goals.
- Families whose children require one-on-one intervention to overcome subject-specific struggles
- Straight-A students who want to push themselves further
- Students who identify as math, science, and/or STEM kids and want to increase their confidence in reading, writing, thinking, and humanities courses in general.
- Mainland Chinese families who are preparing to apply to American private and independent schools