We work with national and international families to confidently navigate American college, private school, and enrichment program admissions. We establish intimate relationships with each of our families and conduct ongoing extensive research to ensure the highest quality guidance. We show students how to realize their own stories and put them into writing. Lyceum consultants bring to the table the wisdom that they’ve gained through long careers as teachers, administrators, admissions officers, and parents in the country’s best schools.
Lyceum provides a thorough family consultation, including a formal student motivation and personality assessment and a complete review of application materials. After the initial assessment, we provide “24/7” access to consultants via phone, text, and email. Our insider wisdom regarding the application and admissions process–including school list preparation, correspondance support, letter of recommendation optimization, academic coaching, student and parent interview preparatio and essay support, including coaching, workshopping, and editing. Once school decisions are made we offer school selection, revisit, and waitlist support.
(individualized on client-by-client basis)
- Understand client-family’s goals and concerns
- Get to know student as a person
- Create student admissions profile
- Discern student’s position in admissions process: personal interests and passions, transcript(s), extracurriculars, summer programs, work experiences, volunteer opportunities, travel opportunities, professional experiences, athletics participation, etc.
- Establish Lyceum’s expectations: preparation, production, student and family accountability
- Confirm next steps
Confirm positioning needs
- Formal data collection: DISC + Motivators assessment
- Confirm test prep needs
- Baseline for SSAT/SAT/ACT and establish test prep profile if applicable
- Create personalized Google Drive folder for to-do lists, timelines, consultation notes, application materials
- Provide Google Drive tutorial if applicable
- Prepare, organize, and present school list
- Discuss and finalize school list after family review
- Plan high school/college visits and open houses
- Student interview preparation
- Family interview and visit preparation
- Curate and manage letters of recommendation
- Guide student application essay composition, revision, and publication
- Guide parent application essay composition, revision, and publication
- High school/college revisit planning
- Final selection support
Admissions Consulting Packages
- Credited to Admissions Consulting Program
High School and College
E-mail or message us to discuss your needs and receive additional information. Please include your first and last name, phone number, email address, student’s first and last name, his or her school, his or her grade, and type of tutoring you’re looking for.